December 22 2014
Text Sizer

Navigation

sponsor

Feel free to read the forums, but you must register to post or reply.
Click HERE to register

View Thread
Wolfer Nation Main Categories Trapping
Alabama Trappers

Print Thread

09-04-2013 08:39 PM Alabama Trappers

Gulfcoasttider
General Member

Warn Level 0
I'll be a rookie trapper this coming season, and have been trying to see if there were any other trappers in my area (Mobile/Gulf Coast/AL). When I mention trapping to anyone, they look at me as if I'd asked if they knew of any Aborigines in the area. Is there a way to see how many furbearer licenses were issued in your county? I can't be the only one here.

09-04-2013 10:49 PM RE: Alabama Trappers | Edited by beavertrapper 09-04-2013 10:50 PM

beavertrapper
General Member

Warn Level 0
Welcome aboard! I'm in Birmingham. We also have a a fella here from north Alabama. I don't know any trappers from Mobile, but I did grow up there and went to Spring Hill College before moving to Birmingham.

I get down to Dauphin Island a few times a year and love the Gulf Coast.

Check out the Trapper Education workshops offered by the Alabama Trappers Association. They have one in Spanish Fort once a year. That would be a great place to meet others in your area.

Here's a link: http://www.atpca....shops.html

You can also check out my website at http://www.meattr.... It's a prepper/trapper website. My YouTube channel is at http://www.youtub...ature=mhee

I've been wanting to trap in the delta for a while, but never seem to get around to it. I used to run the Tensaw River near the Indian Mound Island when I was younger. Maybe we could meet up some time?

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. If you're ever up this way let me know.
The Meat Trapper

10-04-2013 08:15 AM RE: Alabama Trappers

Gulfcoasttider
General Member

Warn Level 0
Thanks man, I'll defenitly look into that class in Spanish Fort. Small world, as I lived in Birmingham for a while, and went to Briarwood and Bevill State for a few years before moving back to Mobile. I have a lot of family that lives in the Trussville/Jasper/Sumiton/Smith lake areas.
Everything I've read online so far has recommended that we southern trappers ship our furs to NAFA. So finishing fur is what I'm thinking is going to be the hardest part to learn. I was really hoping to find someone that would let me help out in their fur shed, but have been unsuccessful to this point. We have 500 acres on the outskirts of Mobile, so my backup plan is to practice on opossum this summer.
If you're ever trapping down this way, I'd love to tag along. Or if you're visiting Dauphine Island, maybe we could meet up and talk shop for a few minutes. I'm usually spending half my summers down there flounder gigging anyway.

10-04-2013 09:19 PM RE: Alabama Trappers

oldrelicsse
General Member

Warn Level 0
Beavertrapper pretty much said it all. I'm in the wrong end of the State to be of much help to you.

11-04-2013 11:00 PM RE: Alabama Trappers
Derick09
General Member

Warn Level 0
Lived in mobile last year now back and forth between do than and troy. Would a been cool to see this a year ago! Hope all goes well.

30-10-2013 09:09 AM RE: Alabama Trappers
jimmyraythomason
General Member

Warn Level 0
I am new to this site but not to trapping(having trapped since the 1960s) and live in Blount County,AlabamaHello. I am an admin for "Alabama Trappers" Facebook page<https://www.facebook.com/groups/326752374085948/>. All Alabama trappers or those just interested in trapping are invited to join. Cool

Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard